- Posted On 2 December 2013
- In Technology
Everyone Wants to hide some private files or folders from the other users of your personal computer or laptop. Mostly we use the inbuilt feature of "Making Hidden Files" of windows 7, here I am going to share one simple solution by which you can add more layers to your privacy by making your private folder hidden, locked and password protected too without using any third party application.
It is a simple trick. Just follow following steps.
- Download "myIMINFO.rar" from here.
- Extract it at your desired location.
- Uncheck "show hidden files,folders and drives" and "Hide protected operating systems files" checkboxes in "Organize>>Folder Options>>View". (Help )
- click on "Apply" and "OK".
- Now you will see "myIMINFO" folder inside previously extracted folder.
- Copy all your private data in folder "system32" folder of "myIMINFO\vault".
- Once done, click on "system_h" file in "myIMINFO" folder.
- Its done! now check what happened to "system32" folder. (its got converted into "Documents" folder, so user will not able to see your data unless it gets unlocked.)
- To unlock it again, click on "system_o" file of "myIMINFO\vault" folder.
- Enter "iminfo.in" (without quote) in it and hit enter, its a default password.
- Its unlokced, now you can access your private data again.
- To lock just run "system_h" file of "myIMINFO"again.
Hope you all have liked this simple trick.
For any query just be in touch in comment section below.
- Tags :
Change User Account picture in Windows 7 - Set any custom picture
This post will help you to set your custom picture as user account picture (user image) in windows 7. Make your computer personalized by showing your own picture rather showing flower,bike,nature pictures. sounds good? read more..
How to move one application from one monitor screen to another monitor (when only main monitor is on) in windows 7 or 8
This simple information will update your knowledge about moving one application from one monitor screen to another using shortcuts available in windows itself. It works for windows 7 and might be for windows 8 too.
Your Android smartphone can be affected by Heartbleed. Check it with Heartbleed Detector.
Android is also affected by heartbleed bug. Confirm whether your android smartphone is affected or not with heartbleed detector.
How to take screenshot in android (Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 and above)
Know how you can capture screen in your android smartphone. Take screenshot in your android version 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and above.
How to prepare your android for an emergency situation
Know how to prepare your android Smartphone for emergency situations by adding emergency information on it which is usable in lock screen too.