- Posted On 24 October 2013
- In Technology
This post will help you to achive the simple trick in windows 7 i.e. to chage the user account picture in start menu, locked login screen and in control panel. coz everyone wants his or her PC/Laptop very very personalized. So better to start by keeping our own picture infront of our username. Sounds good? lets start.....
To getting started we first need to create one .bmp image with some specified restriction by windows which are as follows :
- Image must be of 128x128 size.
- Image type must be .bmp (bitmap image) - not sure though but all default images are in .bmp only.
- Image bit depth shoul be 24.
Now you may be in question from where to start to create a custom image, but do not worry, here are the steps :
- First copy the current "user.bmp" from the location "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures" to the desktop or any place of your choice. (need to uncheck show hidden and show system files in "Folder and Search Options")
- We have copied this image just to keep all above restrictions such as size,depth etc already available.
- Then Copy your custom image on the of it using mspaint or any other image editor (keep the size same).
- And just save the image.
Or you can resize your current image in mspaing at 128x128 and while saving you can save it as "24-bit Bitmap" in Save As > Other Formats.
Once you have your newly created image, follow the below steps :
- Rename origional "user.bmp" image to another name (just for back up- not so required though) in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures".
- Copy paste your newly created image in same location and rename it to "user.bmp".
Its Done! Just log off and log in to your PC/Laptop again and see the magic! :-)
Share it with your friends if you liked the post. And if any queries in achieving this trick type in comment section below.
NOTE: All default user pictures are stored at "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures". So you can add all newly created images here and can see them in wizard.
- Tags :
Best Way To Hide Files Folders in Nokia s40 Symbian OS
In this post I have provided steps to hide files and folders in nokia symbian s40 operating system using BlueFTP software.
Secure your Facebook profile data with these simple settings
You may already aware about "Facebook Data Breach" news, which is impacting the Facebook user's privacy and trust. Though there is a problem in data handling with Facebook, it also provides many settings you can make sure your data is protected, lets check what are those.
Download best free android apps and games in Google play with Appreciate
Discover Best free and personalized android apps and games in Google play using Appreciate.
How to prepare your android for an emergency situation
Know how to prepare your android Smartphone for emergency situations by adding emergency information on it which is usable in lock screen too.