- Posted On 2 July 2014
- In Technology
In this post I am going to share information about how to customize notification bar of your android Smartphone.
Notification bar provided in android is very useful as you can control your smartphone with a single touch and tap. It provides several shortcuts such as settings,Bluetooth on/off,wi-fi on off Mobile data on/off,sim switch etc. by which you can control the settings of your smartphone.
Some days back I have started to use another sim with my primary sim after which “Mobile Data(on/off)” shortcut got replaced by Sim switch option that time I searched for customizing this notification bar to add more shortcuts as it was not so handy to on/off data by taping more than one time. While googling I found this nice app called “Power Toggles” which I am currently using to manage notification bar and different shortcuts.
Power toggles provides following features by which you can customize the notification bar as per your requirement.
- Homescreen widgets and notification widget
- Expandable notification widget on Jelly Beans and above
- Lockscreen widgets on android 4.2+
- 40+ toggle options including Mobile Data On/Off, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Custom application shortcut and many more.
- 2nd and 3rd row in notification window
- Multiple shortcuts in single notification row with customizable icons.
- Folder widget
- Shortcuts on single and double tap.
- Detail level customization Toggles in settings window.
As of now I am using only notification feature of this app and finding very useful. I have added another row in notification which includes several other shortcuts which I use frequently for that you just need to follow below steps.
- First, obliviously install this app from google play store here.
- Tap on “Notification” under widgets option.
- Slide to ON at top right corner
- Tap on Customize and add the required toggles also here you can adjust their position and icons too.
- Done, now check out your notification bar you will see one more row containing selected toggles.
This app currently has rating of 4.6 with 63,300+ reviews so you can one more review to it by trying it.
Let me know your experience about it in comment section below and do not forget to share this information using share buttons provided.
Secure your Facebook profile data with these simple settings
You may already aware about "Facebook Data Breach" news, which is impacting the Facebook user's privacy and trust. Though there is a problem in data handling with Facebook, it also provides many settings you can make sure your data is protected, lets check what are those.
What is Bitcoin? An Emerging Open Source Digital Currency. Bitcoins in India.
This post will introduce you with digital currency named "Bitcoins" which was founded in 2009 and not issued by any central bank or other centralised authority but by an open source software through a process called 'mining.'. It has very bright future and if you gain a more knowledge about it you can book profit too.
How to prepare your android for an emergency situation
Know how to prepare your android Smartphone for emergency situations by adding emergency information on it which is usable in lock screen too.
What is Heartbleed vulnerability. Why it is recommended to change passowords of social and banking sites.
What is Heartbleed vulnerability. Since last week I am frequently hearing a word "Heartbleed" in news,on internet so today I thought lets check what is it actually and here is what I found.