- Posted On 2 February 2014
- In Technology
Being Web Developer, It is really difficult job to get your site compatible with all browsers, especially with IE :-). Most of time we are struggling with our HTML to adjust alignment of DIV's, removing extra padding, correction in font and so on….
One of the tedious thing is that to test the changes done. In Recent there no. of tools available by which we can check our site in different browsers but it is really difficult to maintain the compatibility between the IE versions as some things are good in IE9+ but not working in IE6, client wants IE6 compatibility and blah blah....
Thanks to MICROSOFT for their latest launch of modern.IE which provides some powerful tools to test our website to achieve a best web experience on all versions of IE, other browsers and on all devices.
It has various features which are as follows:
- We can run a compatibility scan for our website which will show a detailed report by which we make changes to our website to fix common problems form supporting old IE versions, optimizations required to make the site work well across browsers, across devices. (We can export these reports in PDF too.)
- It provides “BrowserStack screenshot automation” by which we can take a screenshots of our websites appearance across different devices and different browsers by which we can make sure that it looks great on other browsers and devices too.
- It has collection of 90+ different virtual machines for Windows, MAC and Linux to test our site on Test versions of IE. We can download it and can manage in our own development environment.
- It has great collection of articles related to website performance enchantment and other related things.
It has several other features too which you can explore here .
Here is a nice video about modern.IE
Hope you liked this post. Let me know your opinion about modern.IE in comment section below. Thanks1!
What is Bootstrap(One of the best free HTML CSS framework for responsive web applications)
In this post I will try to answer the question 'What is Bootstrap?', which is one of the widely used opensource HTML and CSS framework or you can say front end framework. I will also introduce some useful sites for BootStrap.
Secure your Facebook profile data with these simple settings
You may already aware about "Facebook Data Breach" news, which is impacting the Facebook user's privacy and trust. Though there is a problem in data handling with Facebook, it also provides many settings you can make sure your data is protected, lets check what are those.
Know how to tie a Tie with this android app (Windsor knot and many more)
Learn how to tie a tie with the Windsor, Half Windsor and many more knots with this simple android app. Step by step guide with an optional mirror mode.
What is Bitcoin? An Emerging Open Source Digital Currency. Bitcoins in India.
This post will introduce you with digital currency named "Bitcoins" which was founded in 2009 and not issued by any central bank or other centralised authority but by an open source software through a process called 'mining.'. It has very bright future and if you gain a more knowledge about it you can book profit too.