- Posted On 5 November 2013
- In Technology
This post will let you one a simple trick to transfer or move all your contacts from your nokia s40 symbian mobile to new android phones such as samsung,xperia,micromax etc.
I have been using nokia c3 since 2 years and recently bought my first android phone. xperia!!!
As like all my first big task was to move my 600+ contacts to my new android phone. had googled alot for it and finally I achieved it using following method which I found the simplest one, so thought best to shared it with all of you.
- Create a backup file in your nokia phone.
- For that go to Menu > Settings > Sync and backup > Create Backup
- Select only "Contacts" for backup.
- It will create a backup file at a location you specified.
- Copy that backup file in your PC.
- Rename its extension to ".zip" or ".rar" (make sure to uncheck "Hide extensions for known types" )
- Then extract this file. It will extract all your contacts in root folder named "32" in ".vcf" format.
- Copy this folder into your memory card
- Then go to "Contacts" in your android phone. press on the 3 grey dots on the upper or bottom right of the screen.
- Select Import from the list. Next, select Import from > SD Card / external memory.
- It will search for ".vcf" files and popup you the choice to import specific files or all (select "Import all vCard files" to import all contacts)
- Wait for a while and its done.
You may surprise as it also preserves and imports the pictures assigned to contacts by you. :-)
Hope this simple trick has saved your time to import contacts.
Feel free to add comments if you are facing any problems. Suggetions and other more ways are welcome.
- Tags :
Change User Account picture in Windows 7 - Set any custom picture
This post will help you to set your custom picture as user account picture (user image) in windows 7. Make your computer personalized by showing your own picture rather showing flower,bike,nature pictures. sounds good? read more..
How to move one application from one monitor screen to another monitor (when only main monitor is on) in windows 7 or 8
This simple information will update your knowledge about moving one application from one monitor screen to another using shortcuts available in windows itself. It works for windows 7 and might be for windows 8 too.
Secure your Facebook profile data with these simple settings
You may already aware about "Facebook Data Breach" news, which is impacting the Facebook user's privacy and trust. Though there is a problem in data handling with Facebook, it also provides many settings you can make sure your data is protected, lets check what are those.
Know how to tie a Tie with this android app (Windsor knot and many more)
Learn how to tie a tie with the Windsor, Half Windsor and many more knots with this simple android app. Step by step guide with an optional mirror mode.